Interested in designing next-generation software that is influencing the energy industry in transition?
Then you should join our team and be part of delivering cutting-edge industry solutions to our customers.
We are a young, fast growing and ambitious Software-as-a-Service company, with one leg in the gaming industry and the other in geo-science. We build solutions that facilitate new ways of working in industries like oil and gas, offshore wind and carbon storage. Our first product, Glex Energy, empowers data-driven decisions, fosters innovation and promotes collaboration for some of the most demanding customers in the world.
We are now expanding, and we are looking for a skilled UX designer that can take an important role in the company going forward. In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence all of our visual surfaces, our design profile, our workflows and most importantly you will play a key part in designing, testing, and delivering our software solutions to energy industry professionals.
The position requires a highly motivated person that works efficiently alone and within teams, formulating and solving new ideas and complex solutions within time constraints. If you enjoy finding smooth solutions to hard problems, this is the job for you.
We offer you:
- Versatile and challenging tasks in a growing company.
- Innovative, including and pioneering culture.
- High level of autonomy.
- Opportunities to influence long term product development.
- Flexible working environment, with possibilities for remote work / home office.
- Inspiring work atmosphere where your competence is highly appreciated.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Attractive insurance and pension plan.
Who are you:
We are looking for people who are dynamic, enthusiastic and end-user focused. You should be a team player, and be able to work efficiently with client specific requests. You seek self-development and improvement, solve ideas and solutions in an innovative way, and get triggered by finding out of the box solutions to complex problems. As a designer, you are highly motivated and can deliver and work efficiently within deadlines. You have a solid understanding of the basics, while striving to keep up with the latest trends. You would work in an interdisciplinary team, and learn domain specific knowledge as well as development.
Tasks and areas of responsibility:
- Translate client business requirements, user needs and technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging
- User testing, user interviews, prototyping, design and visualisation
- Develop high quality designs to ensure good user experiences across devices, surfaces and different browsers
- Continuously work with concept development, identify UX/UI improvements and solve these.
- Work collaboratively with our developers and product owners to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience, and a simple, easy-to-use software
- Validation and testing of design and new functionality together with the development team
- Contribute to discussions and knowledge sharing with fellow team members
- Assist the marketing department in designing landing pages, marketing material, videos and newsletters
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a UX/UI designer.
- Prior experience from (complex) product design is highly desirable.
- Relevant higher education, Bachelor’s or Master’s level.
- Flair for flexible and user-friendly solutions
- Have a good eye for visual design and be up to date on the latest UI trends.
- Good knowledge of tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite – In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Balsamiq, or similar.
- Knowledge of web-development and experience with A/B testing will be an advantage, but not a must.
- As a person, you should be proactive, creative, solution-oriented and able to think holistically, in addition to having a strong commitment to your own discipline as well as ours.
If you want more information about the position, or would like to apply, please send us an email on email@example.com and include your name and CV and we will get back to you.
Glex is a fast growing software development company based in Bergen and the Oslo area.
We develop visual collaboration tools for industrial companies. Our first product Glex Energy has been in development since 2017, and currently have multiple clients within the Energy sector.
The company Glex has roots in the game development industry, with an experienced management team and strong committed owners.